- To ensure a sustainable, fit for purpose, regional workforce through supported training and development programmes
Workforce development in the Midland region is delivered as a cooperative function across the five DHBs and HealthShare. The Regional Services Plan provides the framework for the integration of activity and the identification of outcomes and accountabilities.
HealthShare has a key role, on behalf of Health Workforce NZ (HWNZ), to facilitate the work of the Midland Regional Training Network (MRTN).
Midland Region Training Network
The network aims to:
- build on existing training systems and pathways
- make the best use of workplace education and training resources
- work together to enance what we do
- demonstrate added value.
Key functions include, to:
- provide the structures and processes to promote effective coordination for the Midland Region
- plan and set the priorities that reflect the needs of the workforce
- influence better training outcomes
- work with health, education and training providers to support training system pathways